Tuesday, February 2, 2016

12 Angry Men




My thoughts are for the 1957 movie of this screenplay. I remember this was one of the first times I read a screenplay before watching the movie way back in my high school days. I didn't re-read the screenplay again but I still remember it for the most part (I couldn't remember the character names as much as their personalities) I'm not sure if it's because it's basically a 'talking heads' movie or it's the format of that era but this is a more physical logical movie. So if you're use to faster pace scenes you may what to take a huge chill pill before watching this. Just sit up a time to chill to enjoy this and also it's more of a character study (which I'm a little into so I liked this) This movie is on the 1001 movies to watch before you die for a reason in my mind. When I first went to jury duty a few years back this is the first thing I thought of. "OH Crap what if I'm the one who is going to be to quick to judge and send some guy to the electric chair!" For a movie to have that kind of positive influence is amazing to me. The way this is shot makes me think of the Twilight Zone. This is an amazing movie :3 One of my favorite scenes are when the knives are being looked at for the first time.

My favorite scene (it's a pretty moving scene) and maybe the most iconic from the movie:





So I couldn't find much in way of a soundtrack for this movie. I believe it was made in a time when this wasn't so popular. But I did find a few songs. Here This has an over all early 60s feel to me if it weren't for the strings in some of the piece. This sound track was made by Kenyon Hopkins. 


There is one original trailer for the movie:



No comments:

Post a Comment