Saturday, January 23, 2016

Reading Rewards Plan

I was wondering does anybody give themselves reading rewards? Because I've decided to start giving myself rewards for every book I read. That way I have a physical reward to finish my TBR. I've seen some booktube discussion videos about how this is bad idea in a sense, because the book should be reward enough (and it is). I see this point however, I'm a visual person and I have to see what is happening in order to get the full experience. This is just some I want to try and see if it flies. The reason I want to do this so badly is because I want to move this year and I have WAY too many books for that. This is for the Greater good future me (we'll thank each other later and hopefully high five) Also, I think I'd share my thoughts on this to see if you guys would/are trying something like this and if you may have some tips and tricks to keep on track. I'm going to try to update this list throughout the year so I'm checking myself before I'm racking myself. My Goodreads Account

Rules (my new personal guild lines, however feel free to make up your own)

1. You can't buy any new books (unless you can't live without them, seriously you know the feeling I'm talking about) 

2. You can't borrow any books (not even from the library) unless it's audiobooks you can listen to while you clean (I use my library's unbound option so there will be no late fees).

3. Every physical book you finish you will receive $1 and .50 cents for everything else or 1 point/ .5 a point.(e-books count to $1 too) [Middle grade books will count for 1 point but children's books and picture books are only 0.5 of a point] {you don't have to use money for a reward but the only way to buy a book is to save up for it like this, this will be the control in this experiment. I may switch this out for something else like a extra trip to the movies, fancy perfumes, etc.} And I'll add up all my points on the first of the month so the month will start over so fresh and so clean ;3

4. If you do borrow physical books then every book will cost you points (mine are at least 5 points, maybe 7 points. It would be more points but you are borrowing them and not buying so there is a little slack) The only out to this is if someone gifts you a book (without you asking) or lets you borrow a book (without you asking).
(There may be more rules added to this list in the future)

TBR Finished for January 2016: 

"Blank Slate" Volume 1 by Aya Kanno(Manga) {0.5 point}
"Blank Slate" Volume 2 by Aya Kanno (Manga) {0.5 point}
"Horns" by Joe Hill (Hardcover Novel) {1 point}
"Furiously Happy" by Jenny Lawson (Audiobook) {0.5 point}
"What Did You Eat Yesterday" Volume 1 by Fumi Yoshinaga (Manga) {0.5 point}
"Lola and the Boy Next Door" by Stephanie Perkins (Audiobook) {0.5 point}
"I'll Meet You There" by Heather Demetrios (e-book) {1 point}
HPSS (Audiobook) {0.5 point}
"The Picture of Dorian Gray" by Oscar Wilde (Audiobook) {0.5 point}
"The Sleeper and the Spindle" by Neil Gaiman (Children's Book) {0.5 point}
"Why Not Me" by Mindy Kaling (Audiobook) {0.5 point}
"Zombelina" by Kristyn Crow Illustrated by Molly Idle {0.5 point}
"Virginia Wolf" by Kyo Maclear Illustrated by Isabelle Arsenault {0.5 point}

Total Points for January 2016:   7.5 points

TBR Finished for February 2016:

"How to Be Kind: Tales of Inspiration and Lessons in Kindness" by Cara Frost-Sharratt (Hardcover)        {1 point}
"Once Upon a Twice" by Denise Doyen Illustrated by Barry Moser (Children's Book) {0.5 point}
"The Most Magnificent Thing" written and illustrated by Ashley Spires (Children's Book) {0.5 point}
"Dragons Love Tacos" by Adam Rubin Illustrated by Daniel Salmieri (Children's Audiobook/Video)
 {0.5 point}
"The Book With No Pictures" by B.J. Novak (Children's Book/Audio) {0.5 point}
"The Dot" by Peter H. Reynolds (Children's Book/Audio) {0.5 point}










No comments:

Post a Comment